The department offers one major and four minors:
- Bachelor of Arts, History major
- Minor in History
- Minor in Asian History
- Minor in Latin American History
- Minor in History of Race & Ethnic Communities
Please reference the 2019-2020 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the History Department major and minors.
- The goals of the department curriculum are to engender an informed, critical, and articulate sense of the past, an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, and an awareness of the role of tradition in shaping the present.
- The major develops a variety of practical research and communication skills and provides a foundation for graduate work, the study of law, public service, teaching, archival and library sciences, public history, and many careers in business and the professions.