The Writing Center strives to assist students on the campus of Gonzaga University in developing their skills as writers who communicate across and beyond the curriculum.
What we Provide
- A trained, courteous staff committed to sustaining a safe space for dialogue and inquiry
- A comfortable space where writers from all areas of the University community can write, work with tutors and peers, read, and pursue research
- A focused learning environment for writers to focus on everything from initial brainstorming and drafting to final polishing and document design
- An opportunity to schedule one-to-one tutoring sessions with tutors and, with advance notice, group sessions
- In-class presentations about our services, as well as orientation sessions in the Writing Center for faculty and students
- A range of work spaces for writing, including tables, private rooms with big screens and white boards, and open seating
*At present, the Writing Center does not offer online tutoring, but writers are encouraged to take advantage of the resources listed on this website.
The Writing Center is located on the first floor of the Foley Center Library, in Room 121. Drop by for a visit!
Our ScheduleThe Writing Center’s first day of the Fall 2019 semester will be Monday, September 16. The weekly schedule from that point forward will be as listed below. Please remember that the Writing Center will be closed on all holidays and on all days that fall on holiday weekends. The last day of tutoring this semester will be Friday, December 6. Thank you.
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.