The Writing Center strives to assist students on the campus of Gonzaga University in developing their skills as writers who communicate across and beyond the curriculum.
What we Provide
- A trained, courteous staff committed to sustaining a safe space for dialogue and inquiry
- A comfortable space where writers from all areas of the University community can write, work with tutors and peers, read, and pursue research
- A focused learning environment for writers to focus on everything from initial brainstorming and drafting to final polishing and document design
- An opportunity to schedule one-to-one tutoring sessions with tutors and, with advance notice, group sessions
- In-class presentations about our services, as well as orientation sessions in the Writing Center for faculty and students
- A range of work spaces for writing, including tables, private rooms with big screens and white boards, and open seating
*At present, the Writing Center does not offer online tutoring, but writers are encouraged to take advantage of the resources listed on this website.
The Writing Center is located on the first floor of the Foley Center Library. Come in for a visit!
The Writing Center is closed for the rest of the Fall 2018 semester and winter break, but we will reopen at 10 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 28th. From that date forward, the Spring 2019 semester schedule will be as listed below. The Writing Center will be closed on all holidays and on all days that fall on holiday weekends. Thank you.
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m.-10 p.m.