The department offers one major and one minor:
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies major
- Minor in Communication Studies
Please reference the Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Communication Studies Department major and minor.
- Communication Studies provides students with a critical understanding of the reasons why people think, feel, and act in particular ways; the leadership know-how necessary to make a difference in the world; and the skills that employers seek.
- The department provides a theoretically-grounded and experiential education that prepares students to analyze, produce, deliver, and critique human communication in its many forms.
- Majors and minors gain experience analyzing and proposing solutions to complex problems confronting the human condition because a deep understanding of communication creates limitless possibilities to improve the world.