Faculty proposals have been selected for the 2022 Summer McKinstry Fellows Research Program.
Information about applying for the 2023 Summer McKinstry Fellows Research Program will be posted here when available. Please visit again.
The McKinstry Fellows Research Program will support student-faculty research teams probing health-related questions that are affecting society today. The Health Partnership Faculty Research Task Force will select the proposals that will be awarded funding based on the following criteria:
- Student impact and involvement in the research - consequently, student compensation should account for at least 33% of the budget
- Focus of the project should be on a significant health-related question. While we would be excited to receive proposals that are focused on rural health, all human health-focused projects will be considered.
- Commitment of the lead mentor to work directly with the student(s) throughout the 10-week research period, for which they must be compensated in some way.
- Clarity of the proposal
- Reasonableness of timeline, budget and goals given that this is a 10-week summer research program that provides a meaningful research experience for students.
- Faculty – GU or UW School of Medicine who will be returning for fall semester and are able to serve as a research mentor in or near Spokane throughout the 10-week period.
- Students – GU or UW School of Medicine who will be returning for fall semester and are interested in participating in a health-related research project in or near Spokane; in addition to being available to work throughout the 10-week period, students must also be available to participate in any necessary safety and research ethics training in May, as well as in the dissemination of their findings through poster or oral presentations in the fall.
- This program is open to all students, regardless of major, including undergraduate, graduate, medical and physician assistant (PA) students.
Students who submitted an expression of interest form in the fall of 2021, the application is now open. You should have received an email with additional information about the next steps in the application process. Applications must be submitted by midnight, April 3, 2022.
For more details, please contact Dr. Mia Bertagnolli.