At Gonzaga University, we are committed to supporting the Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) program that is mandated by Washington State Law. Our participation in the CTR program will help create a more resilient community by improving air quality and reducing traffic congestion.
Our CTR program has several elements:
- Provision of designated parking spots and reduced parking charges for carpoolers.
- Offering rideshare matching service through Commute Finder NW.
- Gonzaga participates in the Spokane Transit Universal Transit Access Pass (UTAP) Program. That means that if you are an employee or enrolled student, your ZAGCARD is also your bus pass. There is no cost to students or employees for this transit benefit. Please contact us to learn more.
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program:
- If you use a commute alternative and an emergency occurs, Gonzaga provides a free cab ride home along with any necessary stops on the way (ie. stopping to get medicine or visit the doctor).
- Secure bicycle parking is available throughout campus. Check out the Sustainability Features map to find the nearest rack or bicycle locker. Interested in using a bike locker? Each one has a sticker indicating the number to call and reserve one!
- Showers are available for staff and faculty in the Rudolf Fitness Center.
Please click on the links below for additional resources:
- Track your commute alternatives and earn a chance to receive prizes in a monthly countywide drawing. Gonzaga University’s access code is ELQN.
For more information about Commute Trip Reduction at Gonzaga, please contact our Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) Chris Ultican.