SCCU Bike Loan Program
Lime ScootersLime e-scooters and e-bikes are available at Gonzaga University for use on campus, in the Logan neighborhood, and all around Spokane. By simply downloading the Lime app, you can find nearby e-scooters and e-bikes available for use. Hopping on one is easy, fun, and a great way to move
At Gonzaga University, we are committed to supporting the Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) program that is mandated by Washington State Law. Our participation in the CTR program will help create a more resilient community by improving air quality and reducing traffic congestion.
Our CTR program has several elements:
- Gonzaga provides designated parking spots and reduced parking charges for carpoolers.
- Gonzaga administers a rideshare matching service through Commute Finder NW.
- Taking the bus = no need to park! For more information or assistance with planning a route, visit Spokane Transit.
- Gonzaga participates in the Spokane Transit Universal Transit Access Pass (UTAP) Program. That means that if you are an employee or enrolled student, your ZAGCARD is also your bus pass. There is no cost to students or employees for this transit benefit. Please contact us to learn more.
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program
- If you use a commute alternative and an emergency occurs, Gonzaga provides a free ride home or to a destination such as the hospital, a doctor's office, your child's school, etc. To request a ride, please contact Jim Simon at 509-313-5571 as quickly as possible so they can arrange a ride for you. The program cannot be used to reimburse individuals for trips taken, so please reach out immediately upon learning you need to make use of the program.
A crucial part of Gonzaga’s commitment to sustainability is to decrease our carbon footprint by reducing the number of single-occupancy vehicle trips that are taken to and from our campus. A surprisingly simple way to become involved is to create or join a carpool or vanpool. Joining a carpool or vanpool can provide you with many benefits, including:
Saving money on parking fees, gasoline cost, and wear and tear on your vehicle.
Having a few moments to read a book, listen to a podcast, or plan out your day rather than having to stress over traffic on your way to work.
Improving our community as we reduce traffic congestion and air pollution!
Designated parking spot for vanpool, located on N. Standard Street, as well as designated parking spots and reduced parking charges for carpoolers.
For help finding a carpool or vanpool near you, visit CommuteFinderNW. Once you’ve registered, you can “match” people with similar destinations and schedules.
Secure bicycle parking is available throughout campus. Check out the Sustainability Features map to find the nearest rack or bicycle locker. Interested in using a bike locker? Each one has a sticker indicating the number to call and reserve one!
Showers are available for staff and faculty in the Rudolf Fitness Center, free of charge with your ZAGCARD.
Safety and Regulations
Registering your bike with Campus Security and Public Safety will make it easier to track down should it ever be misplaced or stolen. To register your bike, visit https://www.gonzaga.edu/about/our-campus-location/campus-safety/services/bicycle-registration.
For safe biking tips and rules specific to Washington, visit https://srhd.org/programs-and-services/stickman-knows/bicyclists
Please click on the links below for additional resources:
- Track your commute alternatives and earn a chance to receive prizes in a monthly countywide drawing. Gonzaga University’s access code is ELQN.
For more information about Commute Trip Reduction at Gonzaga, please contact our Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) Jacob Morgan