Employment Verification with Equifax
During your time employed at Gonzaga you may have instances when you need to demonstrate to an outside party your wage or employment history. These instances can include: buying or refinancing a house, financing a car, applying for a loan, public service loan forgiveness employment verifications forms, providing information to a government agency for a social service entitlement.
To facilitate these transactions, Gonzaga Human Resources has partnered with Equifax - The Work Number to fulfill wage and employment verifications. Equifax automates the verification process by instantly and securely delivering employment information that requestors such as banks or government agencies rely on to make credit granting or benefit entitlement decisions (mortgages, loans, etc.). This should result in reduced turnaround time and pro-active verifier screening, credentialing and auditing.
To submit an employment or wage verification request, please visit the Equifax - The Work Number website:
- Website: www.theworknumber.com
- Client Service Center: (800) 996-7566
- Visit the Equifax - The Work Number website at www.theworknumber.com. If you do not already have an account, click on the “Sign Up” prompt in the upper right hand corner to set up an account.
- Indicate that you are a current employee by clicking on the option "Looking to Manage Your Employment Data?"
- Click on "Sign Up for Access".
- You will be prompted to find your employer. In the search bar, search "Gonzaga" and select the option that reads: "GONZAGA UNIVERSITY - VERIFICATION" with the employer code: "4590343".
- Follow the rest of the registration steps to register and activate your account. Please note, it is recommended to use your personal email address and not your work email address. This will allow you to continue using the system in the event that you leave your employment.
Using Equifax - The Work Number
- You need to log in with your email address and password, and provide a 2-factor authentication code.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will have several options. These include:
- View your Data - get access to your Employment Data Report
- Dispute your Data
- Freeze your Data