Scholarship History and Description:
For 38 years Gonzaga University’s Alumni Association has been awarding scholarships to the children, grandchildren, or siblings of our alumni. What started out as three $300 awards has become over 45 awards totaling more than $160,000 each year. Since the scholarship began, we have given out over 1000 scholarships, totaling over $2 million.
For more information on the Alumni Association Scholarship program, contact the Alumni Association, at 509.313.5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the scholarship, recipients must apply for the award and have a current FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office. A committee of Alumni Association board members reviews the applications, which include an essay, list of community service activities, academic achievement and financial aid. The top applicant is awarded the $15,000 Leppek Award while the next receives the $10,000 Schafer Family Award. Additional scholarships of $5,000 and $2,500 are given based upon the same criteria, until all funds are expended.
- Download and save the Scholarship Application (right-click and "save as").
- Fill out the application (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Submit complete application to the Alumni Office via email no later than 4:30 p.m. on January 19, 2018.
- Scholarship awards are only applicable to Gonzaga University Undergraduate studies; recipients must carry at least 12 credits per semester.
- Must be son/daughter, grandson, granddaughter, or brother/sister of a Gonzaga alumnus.
- Must have a current FAFSA on file.
- This form must be completed and emailed to the Alumni Office by Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
- Impact Statement
- Extracurricular Activities
- Financial Need (supplied by the Financial Aid Office) *must have a current FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office.
- Academic Performance (minimum G.P.A. of 2.5)