Ajay Mallik, PE, has worked in transmission line engineering and construction projects for over (25) twenty-five years. As President of SANPEC, he is working on innovative solutions for redesigning aging power grids, incorporating sustainable design approaches and including automation systems. His experience in testing and designing steel poles and lattice towers for power-related projects helps students gain real-world design knowledge.
He has worked on several standards committee for the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), including Design of Steel Transmission Poles, Guidelines for Electrical Transmission Line Structural Loading and Design and Latticed Steel Transmission Towers.
- Sustainability Approach in Transmission Line Engineering: ASCE-ICSI-2021
- Consideration of Socio-Economic Values in Transmission Line Engineering-TSDOS-2021
- The Challenges for Successful EPC Transmission Projects- TSDOS-2020
- Challenges in performing Structural Analysis of existing lattice towers- TSDOS-2019
- The Right Choice of Steel for Lattice Steel Towers: TSDOS-2010, EDM-2012
- Silicon Effect Color Transformation (SECT) on Lattice Steel Towers- IEEE-2012, TSDOS-2012
- A Need for Improvement in Arm Design: Consideration for New Design Approach: TSDOS- 2013
- Why Source Inspection is Critical for Transmission Structures: TSDOS-2012, EDM-2014
- H2S Entrapment and Corrosion on Direct Embedded Galvanized Steel Transmission Poles: ASCE/SEI-2009
- Challenges in Executing large and complex Transmission Projects, Platts transmission planning and development forum-2010
- Research paper on “Design and Analysis of Transmission Line Towers”