The Program Experience
There are a few courses you may need to take before you begin your program. We refer to these as leveling courses.
- Essential Foundations in Power Systems: recommended for engineers without an electrical engineering background. See TADP 500 for more information.
- Essential Foundations of Transmission Line Components: recommended for engineers without a civil engineering background. See TADP 501 for more information.
These courses DO NOT COUNT as credits, but are recommended to be successful in the program.
Courses are conducted entirely online, providing an asynchronous learning environment so you can log on and complete coursework at a time that works for your schedule.
- Courses will successfully prepare you for emerging challenges: such as automation, alternative energy, etc.
- You will learn from industry experts
- Great preparation for the Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Prepares you to be a knowledgeable technical subject matter expert (SME) voice at your company
- Can provide opportunities for promotion or advancement into leadership
- Satisfy master’s degree requirement that some companies require to grant a promotion
- Provides technical vocabulary/versatility for transferring to other departments within a utility
- Foley Library
- Disability Access
- University Ministry