Application items are to be submitted to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office. In special circumstances, students applying for admission may be permitted to take graduate courses as a non-matriculated student for six (6) semester credits maximum while their graduate application is being completed and considered. No more than six (6) graduate credits may be applicable toward the degree before admission.
General Admission Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed online graduate application for admission.
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee (paid online upon submission of application). Application fee waived for Gonzaga alumni.
- One (1) official transcript from each college or university listed on the application for admission. (International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy). Please note that the Graduate Admissions Office will order transcripts on behalf of those who previously attended Gonzaga.
- Two (2) confidential recommendations sent directly to the recommending persons through the application for admission. (Please note: recommendations are not accepted from family members or reviewing faculty members from the department of application.)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A written statement of purpose addressing the applicant's interest in graduate studies relating to some area in the field, assessing the applicant's current strengths and describing what the applicant hopes to gain from the master's degree program.
- MIT applicants only, please send an attempted score for the WEST-B (Basic Skills requirement for reading, writing, and mathematics) exam. Previously taken official SAT or ACT results may satisfy the basic skills requirement. A passing NES/WEST-E exam score is also required. Please use the new prompts for your Statement of Purpose and follow the Resume Sample provided.
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership applicants, please follow these instructions for your resume/vita, Statement of Purpose, and letters of reference. Additionally, these applicants will submit evidence of three (or more) years of relevant professional experience in the pre-K-12 environment.
Transcripts must be received officially from your requested institution. Gonzaga University will take a sealed paper copy by mail or an electronic copy (preferred) originating from the institution or certified clearinghouse.Transcripts should be sent to the addresses below.
By Mail to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
By Email to:
- Submission of an official TOEFL of 88ibt, 580 (written) OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher. Completion of Gonzaga University's ESL program will also satisfy the language requirement for some programs.
- Copy of passport.
- Completed financial declaration form with original supporting bank documents or official letter from sponsoring agency. (Our Center for Global Engagement staff will reach out to you with this paperwork upon acceptance.)
If you do not meet the English proficiency requirements listed above, but believe your English to be equivalent to these levels for graduate studies at Gonzaga University due to work, education or language immersion experience, please contact your Admissions Specialist.
For more information on the International Student Program please call (509) 313-6563.
Gonzaga offers scholarships for international students.
For details go to our International Graduate Student Scholarship webpage.