These regulations are applicable to all persons who operate a motor vehicle on the property of Gonzaga University. You can avoid getting GU parking citations by reading these guidelines and abiding by them.
Gonzaga University requires all motor vehicles (including motorcycles) parking on University property to be registered with Campus Security and to properly display a valid parking permit.Visitors register their vehicles by obtaining a visitor parking permit from the Admissions Visit Office, the Switchboard, Chastek and Foley Libraries or Campus Security.
If you loan your vehicle to another person, you are obligated to inform them of the parking rules and regulations. Registered owners are liable for all citations issued to their vehicles regardless of who was driving at the time of the infraction.
Vehicles parked on the city streets are regulated by Washington State statutes and Spokane City/County codes and ordinances. Spokane Police and Parking Enforcement patrol campus and issue city parking citations. Campus Security/Parking Services has no authority over citations issued by city/state enforcement agencies.
The following practices are prohibited on Gonzaga University property:
|Exceeding Time Limit||40|
|Failure to Display Permit||20|
|Fraudulent Use of Permit/Citation||100|
|Impeding Traffic/Not Fully in Stall||40|
|Parking in Loading Zone||40|
|No Current Permit||50|
|No ADA Parking Permit||350|
|Parking in No Marked Stall||40|
|Parking in a Construction Zone||30|
|Parking in a Fire Lane||50|
|Parking in Multiple Spaces||50|
|Parking on Brick||50|
|Parking/Driving on Inner Campus||50|
|Parking on a Seeded Area||80|
|Student/Employee Parked in Visitors Only||50|
- Campus speed limit is 10 MPH.
- Driving over the speed limit or in a reckless manner is prohibited.
- Driving on sidewalks, lawns or brick is prohibited.
- Drivers must obey all traffic control devices, signs and markings.
- Operators/passengers on all motorcycles or mopeds are required to wear a protective helmet.
- Operators of all motorcycles and certain mopeds require a motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license.
- There are no special arrangements for motorcycles parking on campus. They are to be parked in regularly marked stalls and must display a GU motorcycle parking permit.