These regulations are applicable to all persons who operate a motor vehicle on the property of Gonzaga University. You can avoid getting GU parking citations by reading these guidelines and abiding by them.
Gonzaga University requires all motor vehicles (including motorcycles) parking on University property to be registered with Campus Security and to properly display a valid parking permit.Visitors register their vehicles by obtaining a visitor parking permit from the Admissions Visit Office, the Switchboard, Chastek and Foley Libraries or Campus Security.
If you loan your vehicle to another person, you are obligated to inform them of the parking rules and regulations. Registered owners are liable for all citations issued to their vehicles regardless of who was driving at the time of the infraction.
Vehicles parked on the city streets are regulated by Washington State statutes and Spokane City/County codes and ordinances. Spokane Police and Parking Enforcement patrol campus and issue city parking citations. Campus Security/Parking Services has no authority over citations issued by city/state enforcement agencies.
The following practices are prohibited on Gonzaga University property:
- Parking on sidewalks or lawn areas.
- Parking in fire lanes including Desmet Circle, Ad Circle, Upper Kennedy Drive, the Madonna lot and behind the Ad building.
- Parking in a Disabled stall without a valid Disabled parking pass.
- Permit Parking on brick areas unless designated by signage as a parking area.
- Parking within 30 feet of a stop sign.
- Obstructing crosswalks or impairing visibility around crosswalks.
- Parking in more than one space, or in an unmarked space, or obstructing traffic.
- Parking in a University lot without properly displaying a GU parking permit.
- Falsifying and/or using a falsified permit or citation.
- Purchasing, attempting to purchase, obtaining, or displaying a parking permit using false information or by fraudulent means.
- Parking in unauthorized or restricted areas.
- Parking overnight in a non-residential lot.
- Campus speed limit is 10 MPH.
- Driving over the speed limit or in a reckless manner is prohibited.
- Driving on sidewalks, lawns or brick is prohibited.
- Drivers must obey all traffic control devices, signs and markings.
- Operators/passengers on all motorcycles or mopeds are required to wear a protective helmet.
- Operators of all motorcycles and certain mopeds require a motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license.
- There are no special arrangements for motorcycles parking on campus. They are to be parked in regularly marked stalls and must display a GU motorcycle parking permit.