The Office of Inclusive Excellence manages and/or supports several faculty and staff-led, and -facilitated affinity groups of the university community formed around interests, backgrounds, identities, and common bonds. We actively contribute to GU’s mission, values, and efforts specific to diversity, equity, inclusion, and campus engagement.
Our faculty and staff affinity groups contribute to a sense of belonging.
- Contributing to an inclusive workplace by helping to attract and retain diverse candidates.
- Welcoming to new employees and networking and mentoring opportunities for their members.
- Creating an open and inclusive space for faculty and staff who share common interests/concerns to support and uplift one another.
- Serving as a resource to GU leadership and the Office of Inclusive Excellence regarding employee interests, needs, and policies.
- Serving as a vehicle for leveraging the unique and shared perspectives, functions, and approaches to work that exist throughout the University community.