Summer Employment

Summer Employment

If you want Summer Work Study, either Federal Work Study, or, State Work Study, you must APPLY for it. Summer Financial Aid Applications are available at


The Financial Aid Office determines Federal Work Study and State Work Study eligibility. If you want work study for the Summer, you must submit a Summer Financial Aid Application. You also need to have this year's and next year's FAFSA on file to be eligible for Summer work study programs. You do not have to be enrolled in Summer classes to be awarded work study.   

  • The Summer list of Federal on-campus works study jobs will be on line April 10. 

  • Summer FWS jobs can be applied for by going to the FWS Job Board.
  • The Summer State off-campus work study job board will be up on March 30 with SWS Hire Forms emailed to students the week of April 13.

Non-work study Institutional jobs on campus are very scant in the Summer.  The Student Employment Office will have a short list of jobs on line beginning April 10.  It is also best to contact departments within a student's major.  Locally, individuals and area businesses, and summer camps advertise on our Community Job Board at Community Job Board.

Feel free to contact on-campus departments about their Institutional (non-work study) job openings in the Summer.

502 E. Boone, AD Box 72
Spokane, WA 99258-0072
Phone: (509) 313-6588
Fax: (509) 313-6287

Location: College Hall, Room 126
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm

Robin Guevara
Student Employment Manager

Katrina Rambo
State Work Study Program Specialist

Carrie Matheson
Program Assistant

Contact Us