Every year staff in Student Involvement and Leadership organize voter registration and education efforts. Between August and November, we provide a variety of services and support, including:
- Emailing every student with specific information for how to register in their home state
- An on-campus ballot drop for Washington State Voters - we deliver the ballots to the Elections Office
- Voter Registration Drives in Hemmingson and in front of College Hall
- Buy a full-page Gonzaga Bulletin Ad detailing how to vote
- Giving away free stamps for out-of-state ballots in the Center for Student Involvement beginning October 14
- Host Constitution Day Activities and Awareness
- Coordinate student clubs and local groups tabling efforts
See below for voter registration resources.
You must be registered to vote in your home state. To register to vote, you will need to complete a voter registration form for your state and request an absentee ballot. Make sure to change your MAILING address to your Gonzaga MSC. DO NOT change your permanent address.
After you have registered to vote in your home state. You will need to request an absentee ballot. Make sure to change your MAILING address to your Gonzaga MSC. DO NOT change your permanent address.
Absentee ballots require one to two stamps depending upon the weight of the ballot. Many states require they receive an absentee ballot by election day. Keep in mind that it may take a week for a letter to arrive from Spokane, ergo mail your ballot early!!!
Beginning OCTOBER 14, students may bring their out of state ballot to the Center for Student Involvement, Hemmingson 304 and collect a free stamp for their ballot.
Washington State only uses mail ballots and does not have in-person voting. Therefore, make sure to register to vote and request an absentee ballot come to your MSC stop!
We will have a ballot box on Gonzaga's campus for Washington State Ballots. We will deliver the ballots to the election office - no stamp required!