The Gonzaga Parent/Family of the Year
Honoring an outstanding parent/family reminds the GU community that families are an essential part of the support network for our students. Their dedication and determination help our students achieve their higher education goals. At Gonzaga, "family" can be defined as individuals and group members who support their student's success. Family members include parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, extended relations, and close friends. Now is your chance to honor family members by nominating them for the 2018 GU Parent / Family of the Year.
Nominations are now being accepted for "Gonzaga Parent/Family of the Year Award" through March 23rd, 2018
The Parent/Family of the Year will also receive:
- A commemorative award presented by the Parent and Family Office at the Student Development Magis Awards lunch ceremony.
- $100 Zagshop gift card.
- Letter published in the Gonzaga Parent Advisor Newsletter
- All Gonzaga Senior Undergraduate students are eligible to nominate their parent/family for this award.
- The Parent/Family of the Year Award does not discriminate against non-traditional households. Family members include parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, extended relations, and close friends; please take the time to nominate that special individual. You may nominate both of your parents or any family member for the award.
- Please submit a typed letter of no more than 2,000 words naming your parent/family nominee, and tell us why you believe your parent/family is worthy of this special award.
- To nominate your parent/family for the Parent/Family of the Year award, submit a completed nomination letter to the Office of Parent and Family Programs on or before Saturday, March 23rd, 2018 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries will be judged in strict confidentiality by the Parent/Family of the Year Award Selection Committee. Nominations will be judged on their ability to convey the merit of your nominee's outstanding involvement in your life and evidence of parent/family enthusiasm for GU.