Social Justice Peer Educator
Application Due: January 18th, 2023
The main ways are through:
- Facilitating 60-90 minute workshops on specific topics as requested by student groups, classes and offices.
- Organizing educational programs and awareness campaigns highlighting current social justice issues.
- Supporting and assisting students in navigating peer to peer cross-cultural conversations.
Compensation and Benefits
- $15.74 hourly - 15 hours a week, guaranteed in UMEC
- Priority housing selection through HRL (if living on-campus)
- SJPE Meal Deal: 30 Sodexo swipes for $175 or 10 Sodexo swipes for $65 (Available only to students who are not required to purchase a meal plan)
10 hours a week scheduled in UMEC
- meet with students, plan programs, attend HRL & DICE meetings, facilitate programs, peer meetings, workshops, etc.
5 hours a week outside of UMEC
- HRL Social Justice Committee or RHA Advocacy Committee, RA staff developments, facilitate programs, peer meetings, workshops, etc.
Student Staff Trainings and Meetings as scheduled
- Fall Training: Begins Monday August 8, 2022 (Tentative)
- Fall DICE Training: Early September (TBD - usually on a weekend)
- Spring Training: Begins Monday January 9, 2023 (Tentative)
- SJPE Staff meeting: Wednesdays @ 12 pm
- RA Fall Professional Development Event
- Supervisor 1-1s
Conditions of Employment
- Have a class standing of sophomore or higher
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 semester GPA
- A semester below 2.5 will prompt an academic performance improvement plan
- Abide by all federal, state, and local laws as well as University policies outlined in the Code of Student Conduct
- Complete 3 workshops and collaborative or individual programs a semester
- Provide monthly passive social justice education to residential blocks and campus at large
- Lead a session during Fall RA Professional Development
- Fully participate in Fall and Spring training
- Attend all staff and individual 1-1 meetings unless previously communicated
2022 Hiring Timeline
- Interviews: 1/24-2/8
- Selection & Notifications: 2/9
- Selection for SJPE choosing to live on campus: 2/11