Where is CCE located?

CCE is located in the John J. Hemmingson Center at Gonzaga University. The Hemmingson Center is located at 702 E. DeSmet. We are located in suite 206 and suite 010.

How much time does it take to volunteer with CCE?

It depends. There are a wide range of options. We have found that the more consistent time you put into service, the more meaningful experience you will have. However, we also know that students have many competing priorities. Most of our opportunities, like our youth programs and initiatives, require a weekly commitment for a semester or school year. Zag Volunteer Corps requires half day of service on a specific day. Campus Kitchens allows you to pick and choose when you volunteer. You can also check out a variety of other opportunities, with a wide range of different commitments, by clicking here.

I can't participate in one of CCE's programs, but I still want to commit to service. Are there other opportunities?

Absolutely! There are many other on-campus programs, as well as over 100 non-profit agencies that CCE partners with. To get connected to these opportunities, head to our website. This site will allow you to view hundreds of different agencies and opportunities and sign up on the spot. For Gonzaga students and faculty, you can sign up using your GU ID and password.

I signed up for a community engaged learning class. What does that mean?

Community engaged learning is a teaching and learning method that engages students in organized service activities and guided reflection in addition to their regular academic work in a classroom. The service activities benefit students and the community that they serve with and, in combination with reflection, enhance the academic curriculum of participating students. Community engaged learning is at the heart of Gonzaga's mission to educate students for lives of leadership and service for the common good. It is an excellent opportunity to directly apply your classroom learning while benefitting the Spokane community.

I'm a community agency that wants to partner with Gonzaga. Where do I start?

If you're looking to recruit individual students or student clubs, start by creating a profile here. Once we have approved your profile, you can start posting needs to the site. If you would like to be considered as a partner for specific community engaged learning courses, please contact us at serve@gonzaga.edu.

I am a faculty member interested in community engaged learning. How do I get started?

We are here to help! Please contact us at serve@gonzaga.edu or (509) 313-6824. We can help walk you through the process of adding community engaged learning into your courses. We can also assist you in the process of receiving a community engaged learning designation for your courses.

Where can I learn more about CCE?

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or check out our blog!