The application for our Fall 2022 cohort is open.
- The application deadline is March 15, 2022
Due to the cohort nature of this program, there is one start date per year: Fall Term. More information can be found on our Graduate Academic Calendar page.
To be eligible for School Counseling, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
We are selective in our screening of prospective students. To qualify for the program, you must meet standard graduate school admission criteria and engage with faculty in a comprehensive interview. We seek individuals who present the highest potential as future practitioners.
Indicators of counselor success include:
- High emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution
- Consistent interpersonal behavior
- Recognition of strengths and weaknesses
- Clearly stated goals
- Understanding of one's impact on others
Complete the Online Application.
Submit one official transcript from each college or university listed on your application.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Letter(s) of Recommendation
Provide two professional recommender(s) who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are great choices for recommenders. Letters of recommendation are facilitated through the online application. Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit an essay that is well written, organized, and no longer than 1,000 words. It must also include the following:
- Describe your interest in the School Counseling degree
- Assess your strengths
- Describe what you hope to gain from this graduate degree
Submit your current resume or curriculum vitae of professional experience.
You may be invited for an interview that will take place on Gonzaga's campus in mid-February. This will be arranged by the department after submission of your application materials.
Call or Text (509) 313-6240 or (866) 380-5323