A Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from Gonzaga University will give you the leverage you need to advance your career as the demand for health care professionals reaches a critical need.
You will find our most frequently asked questions below.
For Additional Questions:
Contact: Amy Smith
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
- MSN in Health Systems Leadership (HSL) – Nurses typically work as nurse managers, directors, CNO’s and more. They are able to provide clinical and professional leadership and facilitate system improvements.
- MSN as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) – Nurse Practitioners provide a holistic approach to primary care for individuals and families of all ages and manage a wide variety of acute and chronic health problems.
- MSN as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) – Nurse Practitioners provide a full range of services that comprise primary mental health care in diverse settings with a variety of clients/patients.
The Course Experience
- PMHNP track requires 5 immersions
- FNP track requires 6 immersions.
- Immersions do not typically start until halfway through the program, with 1-2 scheduled per semester
The Student Services team is available to answer your questions and connect you to the resources you need. You will also be assigned a faculty advisor to help you meet your academic goals.
Online students have access to all of Gonzaga’s resources including:
- Foley Library
- IT Help Desk
- Career Center
- Grad Student Association
- Disability Access
- University Ministry
We are all here to help you succeed.
We are committed to ensuring adequate and robust practicum experiences for our graduate students. Clinical placements are secured through a process shared by clinical placement staff, program directors, students, faculty and clinical agencies.
Our Clinical Operations Group (COG) is dedicated to helping students secure sites and preceptors, as well as with processing contract/legal documentation required to clear students for clinical placement.
As an initial step in the process, students will proactively engage with their local providers to identify potential preceptors. The Clinical Operations Group will work with students to finalize clinical placements and preceptor experiences to meet course requirements.
The Department of Nursing maintains affiliation agreements with many facilities and providers across the western U.S. to support practicum learning experiences.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical sites and should include this cost when calculating and planning for their educational expenses and scheduling demands.
Tuition & Scholarships
The cost per credit is competitive at $1,070* per credit for Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner courses.
There are some fees associated with the program and you can find a list here.
*Tuition rates subject to change.
As a graduate student you qualify for Federal Student Aid. This funding is not need based, go to your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Gonzaga also offers payment plan options and other financial resources.
The School of Nursing & Human Physiology offers scholarships every semester, funds permitting. The internal scholarship is only available to students who have completed 18 credit hours.
Gonzaga’s Financial Aid Office also maintains a database of scholarships for students to access, search and apply for awards.
For HSL students we offer a 10% discount to active members of the military and their spouses, as well as to veterans. View complete information here.
Program information is subject to change.