- Spring 2022 Deadline - August 4, 2021
- Classes Start January 11, 2022
The online Second Master’s Degree program is designed for the Registered Nurse who has already earned a Master’s degree in Nursing but desires additional preparation in another specialty area.
Prerequisite – A master’s degree with a major in nursing from an accredited nursing program.
PLEASE NOTE: We are only accepting into the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner Track students from the following states WA, ID, OR, MT, CA, NV, UT, AK, WY and AZ.
Please note: Gonzaga must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status in order to admit student into an online program.
Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Official Transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Two RecommendersRequest two letters of recommendation through the online application. One of the letters must be from a nursing supervisor. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of two professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgement, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are best. Please note: recommendations from family members and friends are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a 500-1000 word essay that is well written, organized, and includes the following:
- Interest in the Second Masters program and specific option, and what you hope to gain from the degree
- Professional goals and experiences
- Personal and professional strengths
- Why you are interested in attending Gonzaga University
Current Resume or Professional Curriculum Vitae
Provide an updated professional resume or curriculum vitae.
Current RN License
Provide proof of registered nurse license from a program accredited by CCNE, NLNAC, ACEN, CNEA. (Screenshot acceptable)
You are able to petition to transfer between 6 and 9 credits from an accredited MSN program, depending on the track you choose.
- Submit the Transfer Credit Form
- Submit Accompanying Syllabus
- Submit Official Transcript
Transferring of credits is subject to approval from faculty and the Registrar's Office.
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
Program information is subject to change.