A view of the Sky Walk.

Students awarded work study have satisfied requirements through their FAFSA filing that makes them eligible for either On-Campus or Off-Campus Work Study. This gives students the opportunity to earn money that can be put toward their living expenses or their tuition. One of the benefits of any money earned through work study is that it is not considered as an income resource on the next year's FAFSA.
Work study eligibility can be found on your financial aid offer. You will receive notice via Zagmail once your financial aid offer has been established and you should log on to Zagweb to view your Financial Aid offer. Off-Campus Work Study is only offered to Washington state residents. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 509-313-6582.
Yes, any enrolled Gonzaga student is eligible to apply for On-Campus Institutional jobs on campus. On-Campus Institutional jobs are paid for by the department's budget. View the On-Campus Institutional Job postings on Handshake or you may contact departments directly to determine available employment opportunities.
Students should start looking for a job before the start of the school year. All jobs will be on-line between mid-July and mid-August and can be viewed through our website. If you are unable to begin your search before school starts, you will want to come to the Student Employment Office the first day you arrive on campus. Freshmen students will receive several emails during the Summer, sent to their Zagmail, giving information about the various work opportunities and how to take advantage of them. For returning students, the best time for getting a job is before they leave for the summer.
Use the on-line job board called Handshake to conduct your job search.  Simply identify jobs of interest and follow the instructions provided in the job posting to apply.  For on-campus jobs, select On-Campus as the filter.  For Off-Campus Work Study jobs, type SWS in the search bar with no other filters selected.  Use your Gonzaga credentials to login to Handshake to launch your job search. 
If you are offered an On-Campus Work Study or On-Campus Institutional position, your first stop is the Student Employment Office to process your mandatory hiring paperwork. This paperwork must be done before your first day of work. For the I-9 form, original permanent identification, such as an original social security card, an unexpired passport or an original or certified birth certificate, is required to complete this paperwork. Please bring your original documents to the Student Employment Office.

If you are offered an Off-Campus Work Study position, you will provide the employer with your Off-Campus Work Study Hire Form which is emailed to your Zagmail. The Hire Form must be completed by you and your employer and returned to the Student Employment Office for review and approval prior to your first day of employment.
On-campus, students can work up to 20 hours a week while school is in session and up to 40 hours a week during holidays or summer. Most students work an average of 10-12 hours a week while taking classes. Off-Campus Work Study students can work up to a reimbursable maximum of 19 hours a week and 40 during holidays and breaks when classes are not in session.
Nothing happens other than a resource to earn money for tuition or expenses was not taken advantage of. Please notify Financial Aid and Student Employment if you choose not to use your award.
Wages are paid directly to the student whether it is a job through the University or an off-campus employer. All on-campus student employees are paid by direct deposit unless your elect to have all of your earnings go toward tuition. To complete a Direct Deposit Authorization form bring your bank account information with you including your account and routing numbers. Students working on campus are paid twice a month. If you have an off-campus position, your pay periods and pay method will be set by your employer.