Students have the option to retake ALEKS for an opportunity to improve their scores and consequently, placement. The following restrictions apply:
- Upon completion of any assessment, there will be a mandatory 24-hour cool-off period before you can retake the assessment again.
- After the first assessment attempt, and following the 24-hour cool-off period, students can retake the assessment after spending a minimum of 3 hours in the Prep and Learning Module. This time spent in the Prep and Learning Module will remind you of some of the concepts you may have forgotten and will help you be more successful on your second test attempt. Log back into your ALEKS account to access the Prep and Learning Module, and to retake the assessment.
- Students may retake ALEKS a third time, after 24-hours from their second attempt, and 5 hours spent in the Prep and Learning Module.
- A student may take ALEKS three times only. Placement will be final after the 3rd attempt.
- It is the student's responsibility to inform the Advising office that he/she has retaken ALEKS. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please visit the ALEKS FAQs page.