What is the role of the Office of General Counsel (OGC)?
- Chief legal advisor to the University, the President, the Board of Members and the Board of Trustees (pursuant to Bylaws)
- Coordinates provision of all legal services for Gonzaga University
- Consults with expert attorneys in specialized areas and coordinates litigation
Who is General Counsel's Client?
- The Corporation of Gonzaga University and its governing body (the Board of Trustees)
- Senior administration
- Employees acting in their official capacity
The OGC "shall not provide advice or representation to anyone regarding personal matters." (University Bylaws)