Watch a 10 minute step-by-step video to learn how fill out and submit your IRB protocol.
Want More Info? See The IRB Investigators' Manual, April 2018 Training Handout, or the IRB Training Presentation
How Do I Submit My Research Protocol To The IRB?
GONZAGA STUDENTS, FACULTY OR STAFF: When you have finalized the plan for your study, obtained permissions, and prepared all the materials for your study, submit your study materials via the IRB SharePoint site.
Include the following:
- Cover Sheet (either Student or Faculty/Staff) with ALL signatures.
- Protocol Submission form (either Exempt or Non-Exempt).
- Research Tools (i.e., Informed Consent form, interview guides, surveys, scripts, recruitment emails, or advertising).
- Letter(s) of support if your research requires the participation of an organization or group. See the FAQs for more information.
What happens next:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt. If you do not hear back from the IRB within 3 business days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that your protocol was received.
- Gonzaga's IRB will review your protocol submission and will write you a Letter of Determination notifying you of approval, denial, or changes that need to be made in your protocol.
OUTSIDE RESEARCHERS: Email the IRB application and approval from your institution along with permission to access our students to IRB@gonzaga.edu.
How Long Will It Take To Receive My Letter Of Determination?
Exempt: approximately 2 weeks; reviewed year-round
Non-Exempt: approximately 3 weeks; reviewed year-round
Full Board Review: approximately 5 weeks; reviewed during school year only. The IRB meets the last Wednesday of the month from September through April. Please submit your materials at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting.