Participants in research studies should not have any increased exposure to COVID-19.
INFORMATION TO HELP YOU GET STARTED:
- Watch a 10 minute Step-By-Step-Video to learn how fill out and submit your IRB protocol.
CITI TRAINING FOR HUMAN RESEARCH:
Each investigator in the study must complete CITI's Human Subjects Research Training.
The CITI Certificate is valid for 4 years.
Register or Login at CITI's website: CITI Program
- If you are affiliated with Gonzaga University (i.e., student, faculty, staff) then choose Gonzaga University SSO (Single Sign On)
- Fill out the requested information.
- Choose and complete the CITI Training required for your research.
Gonzaga will be notified when you receive your CITI certificate. However, you can always access your certificate in your CITI account.
Who do I contact for technical support?
Contact information for CITI Program technical support:
CITI'S Support Desk is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time (EST/EDT) Monday through Friday.
PROTOCOL SUBMISSION PROCESS:
GONZAGA STUDENTS, FACULTY OR STAFF: When you have finalized the plan for your study, obtained permissions, and prepared all the materials for your study, submit your study materials via the IRB SharePoint site.
Include the following:
- Cover Sheet (either Student or Faculty/Staff) with ALL signatures. (See information on submitting typed or Adobe signatures below.)
- Protocol Submission form (either QI/QA, Exempt, or Non-Exempt).
- CITI Training Certificate. Once you complete CITI training, the IRB will automatically receive a copy of your certificate. (You do not need to upload your CITI certificate. However, if you have completed the NIH training within 4 years of your study date, please upload a copy of your NIH certificate. Important: NIH certificates will not be accepted after October 1, 2021.)
- Research Tools (i.e., Informed Consent form, interview guides, surveys, scripts, recruitment emails, advertising, etc.).
- Letter(s) of support if your research requires the participation of an organization or group. See the FAQs for more information.
SIGNATURES: Signatures can be submitted with Adobe automatic signatures. A typed name can be accepted, too, when accompanied by an email to the IRB stating, “My typed name indicates my signature.”
The IRB email is: IRB@gonzaga.edu.
OUTSIDE RESEARCHERS: Email the IRB application and approval from your institution along with permission to access our students to IRB@gonzaga.edu.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- You will receive an email confirming receipt. If you do not hear back from the IRB within 3 business days, please email email@example.com to confirm that your protocol was received.
- Gonzaga's IRB will review your protocol submission and will write you a Letter of Determination notifying you of approval, denial, or changes that need to be made in your protocol.
How Long Will It Take To Receive My Letter Of Determination?
- QI/QA: approximately 2 weeks; reviewed year-round
- Exempt: approximately 2 weeks; reviewed year-round
- Non-Exempt: approximately 3 weeks; reviewed year-round
- Full Board Review: approximately 5 weeks; reviewed during school year only. The IRB meets the last Wednesday of the month from September through April. Please submit your materials at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting.
You may contact the IRB at IRB@gonzaga.edu.