Intramurals is currently hiring Federal Work Study positions for the 2012-2013 academic year. If you're interested in officiating or scorekeeping, please fill out an online application and stop by the Student Employment Job Fair on Monday, August 27th from 12-2pm in Cataldo Hall.
Need a job? The Intramural Sports Program offers over 50 student positions each year. Most of the positions are for federal work study students, but there are also some opportunities for institutional positions for the certified or highly qualified sport official. Officiating is a great way to earn extra cash, have fun, and meet new people! We offer flexible weekly scheduling, competitive pay and one of the best work atmospheres on campus. Apply online, come by the Intramural Office, located on the lower level of the Rudolf Fitness Center, or contact Shelly Radtke at (509) 313-3977 or email@example.com to get more information on this great opportunity!
Student Supervisor Positions
We have filled the IM Student Supervisor positions for the academic year of 2012-2013. Positions are available from year to year for students with experience in campus recreation, Intramurals, sport's officiating, and/or management and supervision of similar activities. Fill out the application below, turn it in at the IM Office or send an email to Shelly Radtke with an attached cover letter, resume, and any additional information if interested. No further applications will be accepted for the 2012-2013 academic year, but are accepting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year until Friday, May 3, 2013 . Application
- Job Requirements for FWS and Institutional IM Staff:
- 1. Must be available to work 10-19 hours a week
- 2. Must be dependable, have the maturity, integrity and a high-level of character when officiating and scorekeeping any sport and/or activity
- 3. Must exhibit good public relations skills at all times
- 4. Ability to communicate, take direction, show initiative and work well with others is a must
- 5. Prefer high school and/or college experience playing and/or officiating
- Job Benefits:
- 1. Make some friends
- 2. Earn money
- 3. Receive on-site job training
- 4. Have some FUN!
- 5. Can still participate in Intramural sports/events
Shelly Radtke, Associate Director of the Rudolf Fitness Center, brings several years of experience as a professional, three-sport collegiate athlete and coach to Gonzaga University, the Rudolf Fitness Center and Intramural Program. At Gonzaga, Shelly's primary responsibilities include the Intramural program and she oversees all 23 intramural events and over 50 intramural staff members. Shelly has also been a Professional Member of NIRSA (National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association) since 2004 and is certified in CPR/AED.
Her personal athletics background includes basketball, softball and soccer as a college athlete at Mount Vernon Nazarene University (NAIA) in Ohio. Shelly was an Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach for one year and three years with the Women’s Softball program at MVNU after receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2001 in Sport Management with a minor in General Business. She also received a Master’s degree in Sport and Athletic Administration in 2008 from Gonzaga University. Shelly has worked as a Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Attendant at the Worthington Community Center and a Facility and Recreation Supervisor at the Groveport Recreation Center in Ohio prior to coming to Gonzaga.
- Gonzaga University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity, or any other non-merit factor in employment, educational programs, or activities that it operates.