SWS & Internships

State Work Study & Internships

You may work at a State Work Study job AND satisfy the criteria for an academic credit at the same time!

Students having a PAID internship/externship that results in an academic credit may work for a SWS employer using their SWS award. The employer and the academic department would determine what the internship needs academically to achieve academic credit and whether it is paid or unpaid.

Things to know:
  • Whether or not a particular internship results in academic credit is up to the criteria of the academic department;

  • Whether a student can be paid for an internship resulting in academic credit is determined by the academic department;

  • Whether an employer is offering to pay for an internship is up to the employer, and;

  • Whether or not an employer is eligible to be reimbursed through the SWS program is determined by Gonzaga's Student Employment Office and the State's Higher Education Coordinating Board.

  • Interested employers should contact Katrina Rambo, SWS Program Specialist, at 509.313.6218 or rambo@gonzaga.edu.

502 E. Boone, AD Box 72
Spokane, WA 99258-0072
Phone: (509) 313-6588
Fax: (509) 313-6287

Location: College Hall, Room 126
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm

Robin Guevara
Student Employment Manager

Katrina Rambo
State Work Study Program Specialist

Carrie Matheson
Program Assistant

Contact Us