Gonzaga University takes a holistic approach to admission by carefully reviewing academic measures, student involvement, and citizenship.
We're looking for motivated students who will benefit from the University's challenging academic programs and will positively contribute to our campus with extracurricular achievement, community involvement, and diverse personal interests.
APPLY ONLINE AT COMMONAPP.ORG
Early Action Program (non-binding) - November 15th (postmarked)
Regular Decision - February 1st (postmarked)
November 15th (postmarked).
*Remember: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be submitted by February 1, regardless of fall or spring admission.
How to apply:
- Submit the Common Application for Undergraduate College Admission online at http://www.commonapp.org/ ,or, if you prefer, you may download and print the required application materials, listed below. (Adobe Acrobrat Required) If applying online, be sure you have also completed our Application Supplement.
- Nursing Applicant Requirements
- Submit one Teacher Evaluation and one School Report. Have your recommmenders complete, sign, and send the letters to our office.
- Send an a copy of your official transcripts to the Office of Admission. If you have completed any college courses (this includes all WA state participants of the Running Start Program), official college transcripts need to be sent as well.
- Submit score reports from either the Scholastic Assessment Test I (SAT I), or the American College Test (ACT). Gonzaga's institution code for the SAT I is 4330, and the ACT code is 4458. *Gonzaga does not accept SAT II Subject tests.
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Applicants can pay the fee through the Common Application, or may mail a check payable to Gonzaga University (see address below).
- Applicants suffering financial hardship may have this fee waived by making a request through his or her counselor or principal under the "Guidelines for Fee Waivers" distributed by the College Board.
- Before sending us your application, check to be sure you've completed all the necessary pieces. Also, it's a great idea to keep a copy of all your materials in case something gets lost in the mail! A finished application includes:
- The Application for Undergraduate Admission including the Personal Essay and Activities List
- SAT I or ACT test scores
- Official high school (and college, if applicable) transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor in an academic area
- Common Application School Report
- Common Application Supplement
Send your application materials to:
Office of Admission
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Printable application documents: (Adobe Acrobat required)
Nursing Applicant Requirements: Nursing is the only academic discipline that requires both a declaration of major at the application stage and an additional acceptance by the Nursing Department. Nursing applicants must indicate "Nursing" as their first academic interest on the Common Application. Nursing applicants are also required to complete "Section V" of the Common Application Gonzaga Student Supplement. The Nursing Program gives preference to applicants with four years of math and science in high school, and a strong academic profile. Notification of acceptance to the Nursing Program will arrive approximately three weeks after admission to Gonzaga University.