Master's Program Application Deadlines
- Spring 2024: December 1, 2023
- Fall 2024: August 1, 2024
- B.S. Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or other engineering field.
- Employment in electric utility or related industry recommended.
Military-Connected Students and Veterans
- Currently, all active-duty military members must have permission/approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO), Military Counselor, or the Military Service prior to applying.
- For more information on how to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs How to Apply page.
- Visit Gonzaga’s Military & Veteran Students for more information regarding benefits and student support.
If documents have been generated using artificial intelligence (AI), your application may be denied.
Complete the online application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended. You must submit transcripts from any school listed on your application, even if you only took one class.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by the program on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Two Professional Recommenders
Request a minimum of two (2) professional recommenders through the online application. Your recommenders will be contacted directly via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Ensure your recommenders are able to evaluate you on the following:
- Your leadership potential
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Professional practice
- Your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree
Supervisors or past professors are great choices for references. Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a 1-2 page letter outlining why you should be admitted to the T&D Master's program. It must include the following key points:
- Your accomplishments or personal qualities that fit well with the power industry.
- Your employment experience in the power industry and current position.
- Your goals and what you hope to gain from this graduate degree.
- Submit resume of professional experience.