- Summer 2021: April 15, 2021
- Fall 2021: August 4, 2021
- Spring 2022: December 1, 2021 - please note, the application is not open to apply for this term until March 2021.
- B.S. Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or other engineering field.
- Employment in electric utility or related industry recommended.
- Due to the level of math involved in most T&D courses, students with an EET degree or who graduated from a non-ABET accredited program should take the following courses before applying for admission to gain the appropriate math background.
- MATH 259 Calculus-Analytic Geometry III, 4 credits: Parametric and polar coordinates, vectors, partial derivatives, multiple integrals.
- MATH 260 Ordinary Differential Equations, 3 credits: Solution methods for first order equations and for second and higher order linear equations. Includes series methods and solution of linear systems of differential equations.
- complete the online application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.You must submit transcripts from any school listed on your application (even if you only took one class).
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by the program on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Two Professional Recommenders
Request a minimum of two (2) professional recommenders through the online application. Your recommenders will be contacted directly via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Ensure your recommenders are able to evaluate you on the following:
- Your leadership potential
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Professional practice
- Your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree
Supervisors or past professors are great choices for references. Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Letter of Intent
Submit a 1-2 page letter outlining why you should be admitted to the T&D Master's program. It must include the following key points:
- Your accomplishments or personal qualities that fit well with the power industry.
- Your employment experience in the power industry and current position.
- Your goals and what you hope to gain from this graduate degree.
- Submit resume of professional experience.
Lisa Galindo Tavarez, Admissions Specialist
Call or Text: (509) 313-6227