You will find answers to our most frequently asked questions below.
For Additional Questions:Contact: Amy Smith
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
Yes, by accelerating your career and starting the Post-Bacc DNP now, you have the following advantages:
- Gaining clinical experience while obtaining your advanced-practice degree
- Obtaining your terminal degree in 5 years
- Realizing the return on your investment sooner by entering the workforce at a higher level of pay
- Being prepared to meet the growing demand for doctorate-prepared practitioners
The DNP Program strives to prepare you to:
- Be eligible to sit for your nurse practitioner licensing exam at the end of your third year
- Provide exceptional 1:1 care while having the skills to positively impact communities
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills to optimize health in a selected area of nursing
- Demonstrate humanistic, reflective practice, ethical reasoning and advocacy for a selected population
- Synthesize theory and evidence to create, implement and evaluate strategies to improve practice
The Course Experience
Yes, the program requires you to travel to Spokane, WA for on-campus weekend immersions which vary by track.
- PMHNP track requires 7 immersions.
- FNP track requires 8 immersions.
- Immersions occur between your fifth and twelfth semesters of study. You average one immersion per semester during this period.
The Student Services team is available to answer questions and connect students to the resources needed. Students are also assigned a faculty advisor to help meet their academic goals.
Online students have access to all of Gonzaga's resources including:
- Foley Library
- IT Help Desk
- Career Center
- Graduate Student Council
- Disability Access
- University Ministry
We are all here to help you succeed.
We are committed to ensuring adequate and robust practicum experiences for our graduate students. Clinical placements are secured through a process shared by clinical placement staff, program directors, students, faculty and clinical agencies.
Our Clinical Operations Group (COG) is dedicated to helping students secure sites and preceptors, as well as with processing contract/legal documentation required to clear students for clinical placement.
As an initial step in the process, students will proactively engage with their local providers to identify potential preceptors. The Clinical Operations Group will work with students to finalize clinical placements and preceptor experiences to meet course requirements.
The Department of Nursing maintains affiliation agreements with many facilities and providers across the western U.S. to support practicum learning experiences.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical sites and should include this cost when calculating and planning for their educational expenses and scheduling demands.
Tuition, Scholarships & Discounts
The cost is competitive at $1070* per credit.
*Tuition rates are subject to change.
The School of Nursing & Human Physiology offers scholarships every semester, funds permitting. The internal scholarship is only available to to students who have completed 18 credit hours.
Gonzaga's Financial Aid Office maintains a database of scholarships for students to access, search and apply for awards.