- March 28th
- Classes start August 28th
To be eligible for the Post-Baccalaureate to DNP program (all tracks), you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with an unencumbered RN license from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program.
If an individual has a non-BSN degree and an unencumbered RN license, they are still able to apply. Students who are admitted without a bachelor’s degree in nursing may need to take up to four foundational nursing courses before completing graduate-level courses, eg. Statistics, research, community health nursing, and community health practicum.
An interview via phone may be requested.
We are only accepting into the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner Options students from the following states: WA, ID, OR, MT, CA, NV, UT, AK, WY and AZ.
Please note: Gonzaga must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status in order to admit student into an online program.
- Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.3 please include an explanation of GPA.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Official Transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Request a minimum of three letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of three professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgement, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are best. Please note: recommendations from family members or friends are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a 500-1000 word essay that is well written, organized, and includes the following:
- Reasons for pursuing a DNP degree and how Gonzaga University’s DNP program will prepare the candidate to meet his or her professional goals
- Personal and professional strengths
- Professional experiences
- Interest in specific track within DNP program (FNP, PMHNP)
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- If you have a cumulative GPA below 3.3 or
- If you attended a university that does not issue a cumulative GPA.
If required, please request official GRE scores be sent to Gonzaga University.
- Test scores must be less than five years old.
- Use school code 4330 for GRE
Current RN License
Provide proof of registered nurse license from a program accredited by CCNE or ACEN. (Screenshot acceptable)
Current Resume or Professional Curriculum Vitae
Provide an updated professional resume or curriculum vitae.
You are able to petition to transfer up to 15 credits from an accredited doctoral program.
- Submit the Transfer Credit Form
- Submit Accompanying Syllabus
- Submit Official Transcript
Transferring of credits is subject to approval from faculty and the Registrar's Office.
Call or Text (509) 313-6235 or (866) 380-5323
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.