The department offers one major and one minor:
- Bachelor of Arts, Classical Civilizations major (with a required concentration in either Latin Language & Authors or Greco-Roman Civilization)
- Minor in Classical Civilizations
Please reference the 2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Classical Civilizations Department major and minor.
- Students who elect to pursue a major degree in this program must choose a focus in either Latin or Greco-Roman Civilization.
- Participating students are thus required to complete a balanced curriculum divided between the study of ancient languages (Latin, Greek) and their contemporary societies.
- The program’s courses are by nature interdisciplinary, with application to the sciences, art, theater, literature, philosophy, religion, politics, and government. Moreover, through addressing relevant issues of gender, ethnicity, and interaction between cultures, the curriculum reaches well beyond the borders of Greece and Rome to embrace other civilizations across the world and time.