Please reference the 2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalogue for course requirements specific to the Classical Civilizations major and minor.
- The department of Classical Civilizations offers a Bachelor of Arts degree and a minor.
- Students who elect to pursue a major degree in this program must choose a focus in either Latin or Greco-Roman Civilization.
- Participating students are thus required to complete a balanced curriculum divided between the study of ancient languages (Latin, Greek) and their contemporary societies.
- The program’s courses are by nature interdisciplinary, with application to the sciences, art, theater, literature, philosophy, religion, politics, and government. Moreover, through addressing relevant issues of gender, ethnicity, and
- interaction between cultures, the curriculum reaches well beyond the borders of Greece and Rome to embrace other civilizations across the world and time.