Dr. Shan Xiao joined the College of Business Administration at Gonzaga University as an Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems in the fall of 2021. She received her doctoral degree in Management Information Systems from Mississippi State University and she had over six years of field experience in information systems at Hewlett Packard. She is Project Management Professional (PMP) certified. Her research interest concentrates on individuals’ decisions on cybersecurity behaviors, such as persuasive communication, information security compliance, and data privacy issues.
- Luo, XR, Xu, F., Zhang, J., Xiao, S., & Xue, B. “Effects of Organizational Controls on Employees’ Cyber-loafing: The Moderating Effects of Trait Mindfulness,” The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems
- Xiao, S., & Warkentin, M. “User Experience, Satisfaction, and Continual Usage Intention of IT: A Replication Study in China,” AIS Transactions on Replication Research
- Xiao, S., Warkentin, M., Walden E., & Johnston, AC. “Do We Protect What We Own? A Proposed Neurophysiological Exploration of Workplace Information Protection Motivation,” Chapter 11 in: Davis, Fred, Riedl, Rene., vom Brocke, Jan, Léger, Pierre-Majorique, Randolph, Adriane, Fischer, Thomas. (Eds.), Information Systems and Neuroscience: NeuroIS Retreat 2019, Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation, Volume 32, ISBN 978-3-030-28143-4, 2019.
- Xiao, S., & Warkentin, M. “Persuasive Security Messages,” in Yung, Moti, Sushil Jajodia and Pierangela Samarati (Eds), 3 rd edition of the Encyclopaedia of Cryptography, Security, and Privacy, 2020.
Proceedings and Presentations:
- Xiao, S., & Warkentin, M. (2021). “Too Bored to Engage: An Exploratory Study of Information Security-related Boredom,” Proceedings of the 2021 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), August 2021.
- Xiao, S., & Vedadi, A. (2019). “Toward Understanding the Dynamic Nature of Privacy Trade-offs,” Proceedings of 2019 IFIP Dewald Roode Information Security Research Workshop, Bossier, LA, October 2019.
- Templeton, G., & Xiao, S. (2019). “Do Information Technology Firms Influence Unemployment,” Proceedings of the 50th Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), New Orleans, LA, November 2019.
- Xiao, S., Warkentin, M., Walden E., & Johnston, AC. (2019). “Do We Protect What We Own? A Proposed Neurophysiological Exploration of Workplace Information Protection Motivation,” Proceedings of the NeuroIS Retreat 2019, Vienna, Austria, June 2019.
- Xiao, S., Yang, N., Johnston, AC., & Warkentin, M. (2018). “Exploring the Influence of Speech Acts on Persuasive Communication of Information Security: A Cross-cultural Study,” Proceedings of the 2018 Conference on Cybersecurity Education, Research, & Practice, Kennesaw, GA, October 2018.
- Marett, K., & Xiao, S. (2018). “Broadband Internet Access as a Localized Facilitating Condition for Information Security Knowledge,” Proceedings of the 2018 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), New Orleans, LA, August 2018.