Gonzaga’s Jesuit, Catholic, Humanistic education will challenge and inspire you.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and updates
Distance learning through spring semester and special operations in place. Find details at COVID-19 website.
Tailian Chen, Ph.D.
Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- J.N. Chung and T. Chen, 2016, "Condensation," Multiphase Flow Handbook, 2nd ed. ch. 9, pp. 605-636, edit by E. Michaelides et al. published by CRC Press.
- T. Chen, 2015, "Heat Pipes," Encyclopedia of Two-Phase Heat Transfer and Flow II, Special Topics and Applications, ch. 8, pp. 311-354, edit by J. Thome and J. Kim., published by World Scientific.
- J. Kim and T. Chen, 2010, “Heat transfer enhancement methods,” Encyclopedia of Aerospace Engineering, eds. Blockley and W. Shyy, volume 1, section 5(3), Wiley & Blackwell Inc.,
- T. Chen and J. Kim, 2010, “Heat pipes and thermosyphons” Encyclopedia of Aerospace Engineering, eds. Blockley and W. Shyy, volume 1, section 5(6), Wiley & Blackwell Inc.
- T. Chen, 2015, "Capillary Force-Driven Fluid Flow in Open Grooves with Different Sizes", Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 594-601.
Conference publications and presentations
- T. Chen, 2016, "Heat transfer to wetting and non-wetting liquid droplets deposited onto a microgroove surface," IEEE ITERM 2016, Las Vegas, NV.
- T. Chen, 2014, "Capillary Force-Driven Fluid Flow of a Wetting Liquid in Open Grooves of Different Sizes," IEEE ITERM 2014, Orlando, FL.