It seems that there are endless resources for students going off to college, and even more for parents sending their students off to college. The following is a selection of our favorite resources.
- Realizing the College Dream with Autism or Asperger Syndrome: A Parent's Guide to Student Success, by Anne Palmer
- Ready for Take-off: Preparing Your Teen with ADHD or LD for College, by Theresa E. Laurie Maitland and Patricia O. Quinn
- Parents' Guide to College Life: 181 Straight Answers on Everything You Can Expect Over the Next Four Years, by Robin Raskin
- Letting Go: A Parent's Guide to Today's College Experience, by Karen Levin Coburn & Madge Lawrence Treeger
- 100 Things Every College Student with a Disability Ought to Know, by Kendra D. Johnson, Ed. D. and Trudie N. Hines
- Gonzaga's Parent & Family Program is an essential resource for all parents. Disability Access recommends that parents sign up for the Parent & Family Advisor Blog.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act's FERPA Parent Page, has specific information for parents of college students. This is an important resource for all parents.
- Jane Jarrow's Letter to Parents who have a student with Disabilities going off to college