The fires in Eastern Washington continued to grow through the weekend of August 19-20 and caused devastation to many of our colleagues, families and friends. Please keep our affected community members in your prayers during this challenging situation. As we receive more information, we will let campus know how they can assist.
We want to remind our community that they have access to many resources through our University assistance program and other local resources. Those are listed below.
Gonzaga University Resources
SupportLinc is your Gonzaga toolkit with tips to prepare and act in wildfire situations.
Resources for Employees
Employees displaced by the wildfires can receive discounted GU rates at these hotels by contacting the individuals listed:
- Davenport Properties
Area Director of Business Travel
- Oxford Suites
Resources for Students
Washington State Resources
- Washington State’s wildfire website provides information for immediate safety, assistance and technical resources.
- Washington State’s Department of Natural Resources tracks wildfires for situational awareness.
A number of National resources are also available.
- Local American Red Cross Locator – Enter your zip code to locate the nearest American Red Cross assistance site.
- FEMA: After the Fire (PDF) – Learn what to do and what to expect after a fire in your home.
- Ready.gov – Learn what to do before, during and after a wildfire.
- Airnow.gov – The one-stop source for air quality data in your local area; search by zip code.
- 2-1-1 Emergency Resources – Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dial 211 from a landline or 877-652-1148 from a mobile device. Information can also be accessed by texting your zip code to 898-211 from a mobile phone or tablet.