The IR office is under the direction of the Academic Vice President, Dr. Patricia O'Connell Killen, and formally reports to the Assistant Academic Vice President, University Registrar and Director of Institutional Research, Jolanta Weber.
IR serves as a leader on campus in promoting a culture of inquiry and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Accuracy: The Office of Institutional Research (IR) delivers accurate information.
Communication: IR personnel employ clear communication strategies and work as guides toward a path of inquiry and data-informed understanding.
Consistency: IR staff employs appropriate and consistent data definitions to ensure consistency of information and works with data stewards and process owners to encourage the same.
Professionalism: IR personnel are highly skilled and current in their professions and practices. We promote excellence and continuously improve through education, evaluation, and action. In addition, we work collaboratively with our colleagues and constituents to encourage and cultivate data-informed decision making.
Reliability: IR manages/analyzes/disseminates data and provides services that the Gonzaga community can rely upon to achieve its mission.
Reporting and Responsibilities:
Major responsibilities include:
- Collection, coordination, analysis of university data for internal analysis of operations and outcomes.
- Compiling and reporting official university statistics to the U.S. Department of Education, the Washington Higher Education Coordinating Board, and other state and federal agencies.
- Completing requests for information from external organizations, such as college guides and ratings publications.
- Providing data and informational support for program review and outcomes assessment.
- Serving as an educational resource and consultant by helping refine research and evaluation questions, assist in choosing appropriate methodologies, and identifying existing data.
- Assisting the campus community with survey development, design, and analysis.
- Providing data analysis and business intelligence tools (e.g., executive dashboards) to promote data-informed decision-making at all levels of the university administration.
The Office of Institutional Research at Gonzaga University adheres to the Code of Ethics established by the Association for Institutional Research (AIR). We also carry out our work under the guidance of Gonzaga University's Institutional Review Board policy for research involving human subjects and the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Staff members in the Office of Institutional Research at Gonzaga University hold active memberships in the following professional organizations: