What is it: All accepted and active students receive a university email account. Student email is provided by Gonzaga through a partnership with Microsoft Office 365. Email is considered an official form of communication by the University to students and students are responsible for regularly checking and reading messages sent to their university email account. Students access their e-mail through Zagmail at http://zagmail.gonzaga.edu. More information can be found on the Zagmail FAQ.
How do I get access: Student email accounts are automatically created when they are accepted as a student at the University. Students will receive their account access information from the admissions office.
How do I get training: Self-paced, on-demand training on using Office 365 is available from Atomic Learning online.
Who do I contact if I have problems: Gonzaga alumni can contact the Alumni Association at 509.313.5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a ZagMail account created. If you have an account and need technical assistance contact IT support Center at 509.313.5550 or email@example.com
See the progress of the Wireless Network Project here
Email for approximately 50% of faculty and staff is unavailable and will be for couple of hours.
- Not sure when university owned computer needs to be replaced? Check here!
- Need help connecting to Zagnet? Check out our brochure.
- We now offer a new 24 hour password reset service. To use the service call the IT Support Center and press 2 when prompted, then follow the voice prompts; or go to passwordreset.gonzaga.edu, if prompted by your browser click, 'show all content', and enter the required information.
- Engineering students, check here for laptop recommendations.
- Blackboard: Thursday 11 PM until Friday mornings at 3 AM. It may be unavailable during that time.
- Network: Friday evenings beginning at 5:00 PM. The network may be unavailable at that time.