Managers and Human Resources representatives each play a part in the performance management process. To learn more, please click on the link below.
When you are facing a performance discrepancy (a gap between your expectations and actual performance) you have the responsibility to ensure that employees have:
- The performance standards the training the direction
- The feedback to do the job before moving to disciplinary actions.
If you feel confident that you have provided each of these opportunities to your employees and if a performance discrepancy still exists with a particular employee:
- Make it explicitly clear to the employee what is expected
- Repeat the performance standards to the employee
- Enforce the performance standards
- Document the performance discrepancy and actions you have taken, and then
- Begin the Corrective Action Process