The Crosby Student Center is named after Harry "Bing" Crosby, a Gonzaga alumnus who organized an Emmy-winning television production to raise funds for its construction. The Center, which was originally the University's library, was built in 1957. In 1992, the library moved into the Foley Center, and the building was converted into a student center. For many years it still housed the Crosbyana Room, where about 200 pieces of the world's largest public collection of Bing Crosby memorabilia were displayed. In 2014 the display was moved to the Bing Crosby House at 508 E. Sharp Ave. which was Bing's childhood home. More information, and the remainder of the vast Crosby collection, is available through the University Archives and Special Collections Department (UASC) at Foley Library.