Thank you for wanting to see our collections in beautiful Spokane, Washington.
Planning Your Visit
Hours and Access:
Special Collections hours are normally Monday through Friday, 10:00am to 4:30pm. We are closed Saturday and Sunday and University holidays. During the 2012-13 holiday season, we are CLOSED, December 15 through January 6. Reference service access may be available during this interim by appointment arrangement. Contact David Kingma, at (509) 313-3814.
While using our collections, we can make available a laptop with an internet connection or an internet connection for you to use on your own computer. Please let us know in advance and we will arrange to have either ready for you when you arrive.
Directions to the Foley Center:
- Take Exit 282 - Hamilton Street/Trent Street.
- Go straight through the light at the bottom of the exit ramp and continue North on Hamilton.
- Take a left on the second street (Desmet Avenue).
From Highway 2 or Highway 395 from northern Spokane County or Canada
- Follow the highways south past the 'Division Y'
- Continue down Division Street for about 5 miles
- Take a left on Sharp Avenue and continue straight, through the Ruby Street intersection
- Follow Sharp Avenue for seven blocks, then turn right on Cincinnati Street
- Continue two blocks; look for street parking, the large lot on left or the 'COG' lot noted on the map below.
Lot parking is available, with a visitor's pass, in the green lots. Passes can be obtained from the Switcboard Office (north main entrance of the GU Administration Building), the Public Safety & Security Office (east side basement entrance of Welch Hall) or from the Foley Center Library central reference desk. Please note that you will need to provide the following information:
- your name and cell phone number
- year, make, and model of vehicle
- license plate number and state of registration
A visitor's parking pass must be visible on your dashboard at all times while parked in University lots.
Find Foley Center:
The Foley Center Library, a modern red brick building, is set in the center of the Gonzaga campus.
Enter the main (north) entrance of the library and take either the stairs on the right or the elevator on the left to the Third Floor. Once there, enter through the double wooden doors into the "William Hutchinson Cowles, 3rd Rare Books Library." If no one is seated at the reading room desk to welcome you, please proceed into the office area to the right of the desk.
There are several places to eat on campus while school is in session, fall to spring. Visit Zag Dining Services to see the different places to dine on campus.
Off campus eateries are available here.
All hotels listed offer a discount to Gonzaga visitors. To receive the discount, please contact the hotel directly.
For Gonzaga University Archives, Rare Books and Manuscripts:
- Stephanie Edwards Plowman - Special Collections Librarian/ Chair Special Collections,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org (509) 313-3847
- David Kingma - Archivist,
email: email@example.com (509) 313-3814
Special Collections Department
Foley Center Library
502 E Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258-0095
(509) 313-3847 or 313-3814
FAX: (509) 313-5904