Foley Library is still available to you even in Florence! You still have access to our variety of online databases and our electronic document delivery service. You can get the journal articles you need delivered to your desktop. For research assistance, contact your librarian in Florence, Emily Grayson.
- Local access to the Gonzaga-in-Florence Martin Library
- Online access to PRIMO which allows you to simultaneously search the library catalogs and extensive electronic resources with full text access
- Online access to the Foley Library Catalog
- Access to our online databases many with full-text articles, including:
- Academic Search Complete
- Business Source Complete
- Religion & Philosophy Collection
- Articles from journals not in the Gonzaga collection can be requested though interlibrary loan using our ILLiad service, and they will be scanned and sent to you electronically.
- Journal articles from the Foley Library collection can also be scanned and sent to you electronically through ILLiad.
- Your Florence-based librarian is your best resource, but research assistance is available through Foley, too.
- If you have hardware or software questions or problems contact the IT Support Center Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I get books?
- Many Foley Library staff members have volunteered to make personal deliveries to Florence, but the cost and time involved prevents us from offering our usual book loan service, while you are in Florence.
Do I need my Gonzaga ID card to use this service?
- Your Gonzaga ID number is also your library ID number. You will need it when registering for an ILLiad account, and for logging into PRIMO.
- To use the online databases you will be asked for your user name and password. This should be the same as your login to ZagMail or Blackboard.
How do I get articles that aren't available online?
- Foley subscribes to a number of databases and online journals. If the article you need isn't available from the database in which you are searching it may be in full-text elsewhere.
- Use the Full Text Options link in the database or search Periodicals at Foley to see if the journal you need is available online through another database.
- If an article is neither online nor available in Foley Library, we can usually get it for you through Interlibrary Loan. Place a request for the article through ILLiad.
What is ILLiad?
- ILLiad is our Interlibrary Loan and document delivery system.
- Florence students may also use ILLiad to request copies of articles from the Foley Library Collection. For more information ILLiad FAQ
- If you haven't used ILLiad before follow the links for First Time Users to complete a quick registration.
- CHANGE YOUR ILLIAD STATUS:
- During your stay in Florence, please use "STUDY ABROAD" as your status in ILLiad.
- Use "Gonzaga in Florence" as your street address. You may put an 'x' in other fields that don't apply to your current situation.
- REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS information when you come back!
- Provide as much information as possible - complete information expedites service!
- Article requests should include: Article title, author's name, and journal name with volume, date, and page numbers.
- Requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We can usually post articles from Foley Center to your ILLiad account within 2-3 days.
- At certain times during the semester, processing ILLiad requests may be slowed due to the high number of requests we receive per day.
- Copies of articles will be posted to your ILLiad account as PDF files. You will be notified by e-mail when an article becomes available. The articles are removed from the ILLiad system after 30 days.