A 3-month online course designed to guide individuals on how to shape organizational cultures and practices in which people thrive.
Servant Leadership has become a beacon for ethics-centered leaders since 1970, when AT&T manager Robert Greenleaf published a book describing the need for leaders who desire to serve first. Espoused by companies such as Zappos, Marriott, Starbucks, Whole Foods, REI, and Nordstrom, Servant Leadership is neither a “soft” nor naïve form of leadership; rather, it’s one in which the growth, engagement, and well-being of people are kept at the center of all decisions.
Known internationally for the study of Servant Leadership, Gonzaga University’s School of Leadership Studies has designed the Certificate in Servant Leadership to guide leaders in shaping organizational cultures in which people thrive. In this 14-week, online course, you’ll explore Servant Leadership with a focus on application to real life. Through company case-studies, leader interviews, group discussions, and more, you’ll not only shape your leadership identity, but develop a practical toolkit for applying Servant Leadership to your workplace and beyond.
The course is entirely online (approximately 3-5 hours a week) with seven (7) classes via Zoom, scheduled on specific Mondays from 5:00 - 7:00 PM PDT. Though a structured curriculum, you’ll have flexibility to complete coursework independently, while also having the chance build relationships with your instructor and peers. Students are expected to attend all Zoom classes; however, In case of an unexpected absence, students can work with instructor to create alternative assignments.
Fall 2022 course dates:
- Students receive access to course on Monday, September 12th
- First Zoom class: Monday, September 19th, 5:00 - 7:00 PM PDT
- Zoom class held EVERY OTHER MONDAY at the same time: 10/3,10/17, 10/31,11/14, 11/28, 12/12
- Courses ends officially on Sunday, December 18th
Winter/Spring 2023 course dates:
- Students receive access to course on Wednesday, January 18th
- First Zoom class: Monday, January 23rd 5:00 - 7:00 PM PDT
- Zoom class held EVERY OTHER MONDAY at the same time: 2/6, 2/20, 3/6, 3/20, 4/3, 4/17
- Courses ends officially on Sunday, April 30th
Approx. 20 students per cohort.
- *A 30%-off scholarship is automatically granted to anyone employed by a 501c3 non-profit or government/public sector agency.
- *Scholarships are also available on a case-by-case basis. To be considered for a scholarship, submit an enrollment form first and then complete a scholarship application. Scholarship applications must be submitted by June 1st for Fall programs and by November 1st for Winter/Spring programs.
- Note: Federal aid is not available for this program. Gonzaga employee tuition waiver does not apply.
How to enroll:
No application required, and no payment required at time of enrollment. Students must have five (5) years of work experience or an undergraduate degree. Spots given on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to meeting aforementioned criteria.
- Upon completion, students receive a Certificate from Gonzaga University and eight (8) Continuing Education credits on a Gonzaga University transcript.
- Students who successfully complete a School of Leadership Studies certificate program have the option applying a maximum of three (3) credits towards completion of a Masters in Organizational Leadership or Masters in Communication and Leadership at Gonzaga, contingent upon admission.
Want to learn more?
Email Rachelle Strawther, Director of the Center for Lifelong Learning, with questions at email@example.com.