The Certificate in Women’s Leadership is a 3-month course designed for professionals who wish to develop skills and practices for advancing women in the workplace and working towards gender equity. The course exposes students to research and studies regarding women in the workplace, as well as current readings and materials on the subject. Additionally, the course offers practical skills for overcoming common barriers facing women in the workplace.
What you'll learn:
- Gain tools and skills to navigate the unique dilemmas that working women face, such as “double-binds” and “unconscious bias.”
- Understand one’s individual, unique leadership identity and how it surfaces in teams.
- Enhance one’s emotional intelligence for greater effectiveness in leadership roles.
- Develop skills to communicate and negotiate authentically and confidently in various situations.
- Identify practices and attitudes that contribute to healthy, fulfilling work-life integration.
Instructor: Julie Kelsey, M.B.A.
Fall 2022 Cost: $3,200*
- *A 30%-off scholarship is automatically granted to anyone employed by a 501c3 non-profit or government agency (includes public education and military employees).
- *Scholarships are also available on a case-by-case basis. To be considered for a scholarship, submit an enrollment form first and then complete a scholarship application. Scholarship applications must be submitted by June 1st for Fall programs and by November 1st for Winter/Spring programs.
- Note: Federal aid is not available for this program. Gonzaga employee tuition waiver does not apply.
How to enroll:
No application required, and no payment required at time of enrollment. Students must have five (5) years of any type of work experience or an undergraduate degree. Students admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to meeting aforementioned criteria.
- Upon completion, students receive a Certificate from Gonzaga University and eight (8) Continuing Education credits on a Gonzaga University transcript.
Students who successfully complete a School of Leadership Studies certificate program have the option applying a maximum of three (3) credits towards completion of a Masters in Organizational Leadership or Masters in Communication and Leadership at Gonzaga, contingent upon admission.
Want to learn more?
Email Rachelle Strawther, Director of the Center for Lifelong Learning, with questions at email@example.com.