The Certificate in Women’s Leadership is a 3-month, non-degree course designed for professionals who wish to develop skills and practices for advancing women in the workplace. Through online learning and an on-campus immersion, the course exposes students to research and studies regarding women in the workplace, as well as current readings and materials on the subject. Additionally, the course offers practical skills for overcoming common barriers facing women in the workplace.
This certificate program highlights the following areas of awareness and development:
- Leadership & Identity
- Emotional Intelligence
- Gender and Communication
- Overcoming the Confidence Gap
- Work-Life Integration
- Compensation & Negotiation
What you'll learn:
- Gain tools and skills to navigate the unique dilemmas that working women face, such as “double-binds” and “unconscious bias.”
- Understand one’s individual, unique leadership identity and how it surfaces in teams.
- Enhance one’s emotional intelligence for greater effectiveness in leadership roles.
- Develop skills to communicate and negotiate authentically and confidently in various situations.
- Identify practices and attitudes that contribute to a healthy, fulfilling work-life balance.
Instructor: Julie Kelsey, M.B.A.
FALL 2021 COHORT FULL! ENROLL NOW FOR SPRING 2022.
No application or payment is required at the time of enrollment. Students will receive bills after their registration is confirmed and prior to the start of the course. Please note that enrollment is first come, first serve and subject to meeting enrollment prerequisites described in the program details. To learn about scholarship opportunities, email Rachelle Strawther at firstname.lastname@example.org