Parvez Rashid, PE recently retired from American Transmission Co. (ATC) where he oversaw the transmission line asset management and renewals plan with a budget of over one billion dollars. He has worked in transmission line construction projects for over thirty years, with a focus on engineering design and coordination of these projects. He worked on the preparation of feasibility studies, design guides, and standardization of technical specifications and standards for transmission engineering.
Parvez is a Senior Life Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and in the past has participated in several working groups within the IEEE Transmission and Distribution Committee.
- Enhancing Reliability for Large Industrial Customers – T&D Magazine – 2005.
- Misconceptions in Engineering, Advanced Independent Research, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2008.
- Galloping Towards Reliability, American Transmission Company, Asset Management Quarterly Circuit, 2011.
- Technical Presentation on Asset Management when Contracting Out Maintenance and Other Work, Ceati TLAM Meeting @ California, March 10, 2014.
- ATC Ten Year Asset Renewal Program, American Transmission Company, Asset Management Quarterly Circuit, 2014.
- ATC Asset Management Linear Assets, Presentation at APE Fest, American Transmission Company, May 16, 2014.
- Developed real-time transmission line assets health index monitoring at component and at the system level - American Transmission Company, 2018-19.