MSN - FNP or PMHNP
- Summer 2021 Deadline - December 30, 2020
- Classes Start May 17, 2021
MSN - Nursing Leadership in Healthcare
- Spring 2021 Priority Deadline - October 15, 2020
- Classes Start January 12, 2021
Criteria – All Tracks
To be eligible for the MSN program (all tracks), you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with an unencumbered RN license from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program.
If an individual has a non-BSN degree and an unencumbered RN license, they are still able to apply. Students who are admitted without a bachelor’s degree in nursing may need to take up to four foundational nursing courses before completing graduate-level courses, eg. statistics, research, community health nursing, and community health practicum. Non-BSN students are not eligible to apply for the Summer semesters.
If your GPA falls below a 3.0 you can still apply, but must provide a GPA explanation.
An interview via phone or Skype may be requested.
We are only accepting into the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and the Family Nurse Practitioner Track students from the following states: WA, ID, OR, MT, CA, NV, UT, AK, WY and AZ.
Please note: Gonzaga must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status in order to admit student into an online program.
Application Requirements – All Tracks
- Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Two RecommendersRequest two letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of two professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgement, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are best. Please note: recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a 500-1000 word essay that is well written, organized, and includes the following:
- Interest in the MSN program and specific track option, and what you hope to gain from the degree.
- Professional goals and experiences
- Personal and professional strengths
- Why you are interested in attending Gonzaga University
Current Resume or Professional Curriculum Vitae
- Provide an updated professional resume or curriculum vitae.
Current RN License
- Provide proof of registered nurse license from a program accredited by CCNE or ACEN. (Screenshot acceptable)
You are able to petition to transfer between 6 and 9 credits from an accredited MSN program, depending on the track you choose.
- Submit the Transfer Credit Form
- Submit Accompanying Syllabus
- Submit Official Transcript
Transferring of credits is subject to approval from faculty and the Registrar's Office.
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.