A Master's of Science in Nursing degree from Gonzaga University will give you the leverage you need to advance your career as the demand for health care professionals reaches a critical need.
You will find answers to our most frequently asked questions below.
For Additional Questions:
Contact: Ethan Lewan
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
- MSN in Nursing Leadership in Healthcare (NLH) - Nurses typically work as nurse managers, directors, CNO's and more. They are able to provide clinical and professional leadership and facilitate system improvements.
- MSN as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Nurse Practitioners provide a holistic approach to primary care for individuals and families of all ages and manage a wide variety of acute and chronic health problems.
- MSN as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - Nurse Practitioners provide a full range of services that comprise primary mental health care in diverse settings with a variety of clients/patients.
The Course Experience
The courses are online; however, you do not have to log on at a certain time of day. All tracks require a certain number of practicum hours.
- 660 Practicum Hours - Family Nurse Practitioner
- 660 Practicum Hours - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- 180 Practicum Hours - Nursing Leadership in Healthcare
- Additional on-campus, weekend immersions are required for all tracks.
- NLH track requires 1 immersion
- PMHNP track requires 5 immersions
- FNP track requires 6 immersions.
- Immersions do not typically start until halfway through the program, with 1-2 scheduled per semester
- Foley Library
- IT Help Desk
- Career Center
- Grad Student Association
- Disability Access
- University Ministry
We are committed to ensuring adequate and robust practicum experiences for our graduate students. Clinical placements are secured through a process shared by staff, program directors, students, faculty and clinical agencies.
Our Clinical Placement Team is dedicated to helping students secure sites and preceptors, as well as with processing contract/legal documentation required to clear students for clinical placement.
As an initial step in the process, students will proactively engage with their local providers to identify potential preceptors. The Clinical Placement Team will work with students to finalize clinical placements and preceptor experiences to meet course requirements.
The Department of Nursing maintains affiliation agreements with many facilities and providers across the western U.S. to support practicum learning experiences.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical sites and should include this cost when calculating and planning for their educational expenses and scheduling demands.
Tuition, Scholarships & Discounts
The cost per credit is competitive at $990* for Nursing Leadership in Healthcare courses and $1,130* per credit for Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner courses. There are some fees associated with the program and you can find that information here.
*Tuition rates are subject to change.
Gonzaga's Financial Aid Office also maintains a database of scholarships for students to access, search and apply for awards.
For additional questions please contact an Admissions Counselor.Call or Text (866) 380-5323
Program information is subject to change.