- March 28th
- Classes start August 28th
Registered nurses who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply to Gonzaga’s post-master’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program:
A Master’s Degree in nursing from:
- A program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or
- A graduate nurse anesthesia degree from a program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education Programs of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists or
- A graduate nurse-midwifery degree from a program accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education
- A master’s degree in Nursing Education does not meet the eligibility requirements for this program. You would be eligible to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) from master’s-level nursing courses of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale. If GPA falls below a 3.3 please include an explanation of GPA statement
- Documentation of an Evidence Based Practice (EBP) course on an official transcript. If you have not had an EBP course, you can still be fully admitted, but will be required to complete an EBP course prior to starting DNP course work. Gonzaga offers this course and it is available online to DNP students
- Must have taken a 3 credit graduate-level inferential statistics or biostatistics course within the last 5 years with an earned grade of B or better. If you have not had a statistics course, or it does not fall within the time constraints, you can still be fully admitted, but you will be required to complete a statistics course prior to starting DNP course work. Gonzaga offers this course online to DNP students
An interview via phone or Skype may be requested.
Please note: Gonzaga must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status in order to admit student into an online program.
- Complete the Online Application
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Graduate nurse anesthesia degrees or graduate nurse-midwifery degrees will be accepted for CRNA or CNM applicants respectively.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.3 please provide a GPA explanation
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Gonzaga University Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Three RecommendersRequest a minimum of three letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of three professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgement, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are best. Please note: recommendations from family members or friends are not accepted.
Scholarly EssaySubmit a 1000 word essay that is well written, organized, and includes the following:
- The candidate's reasons for pursuing a DNP at Gonzaga University and how the program will prepare the candidate to meet his/her professional goals
- Experiences and background that have prepared the candidate to be successful while pursuing a doctoral degree
- Clinical issue/problem to be addressed in a DNP project, including:
- An in-depth description of the identified clinical problem or issue
- How the problem was identified
- The population adversely affected
- What change the candidate proposes to implement
- How the candidate envisions the practice problem or clinical issue will make a difference in the quality of our national healthcare system
- Why the candidate feels passionate about suggesting improvements about this particular practice problem or clinical issue.
Entrance ExamsMAT or GRE waived:
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
MAT or GRE required:
- If you have a cumulative GPA below 3.3 or
- If you attended a university that does not issue a cumulative GPA.
If required, please request official MAT or GRE scores be sent ot Gonzaga University.
- Test scores must be less than five years old.
- Use school code 2282 for MAT or school code 4330 for GRE.
Current Resume or Professional Curriculum Vitae
- Provide an updated professional resume or curriculum vitae.
Current RN License
- Provide proof of registered nurse license from a program accredited by CCNE, NLNAC, or ACEN and/or copy of current Advanced Practice license (if applicable).
Current Advance Practice Certification
- Provide a certificate in the area of advanced practice specialization from AANP or ANCC, or other certifying bodies related to advanced practice role ie. CNS, CNM, CRNA (if applicable).
Verification of practicum hours completed in MSN program.
Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
You are able to petition to transfer up to 6 credits from an accredited doctoral program.
- Submit the Transfer Credit Form
- Submit Accompanying Syllabus
- Submit Official Transcript
Transferring of credits is subject to approval from faculty and the Registrar's Office.
Call or Text (509) 313-6235 or (866) 380-5323
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.