How can the library help me?
The library wants to help you succeed as a student! Some of the resources we offer:
- Friendly librarians are available to help with research, assignment guidance, or citations management
- 24/7 online chat for research assistance when you need it
- One-on-one librarian appointments with online scheduling
- Librarian curated Research Subject Guides to help you get started in your research
- Over 300 Databases available 24/7, on and off campus, with access to full text articles, eBooks, primary sources, streaming movies, e-audio books, and music
- Study space zoned for sound with areas for collaborative, quiet, and silent study.
- Find your zone
- The Writing Center and Learning Studio for one-on-one tutoring located in Foley Center
- Need a phone charger? Calculator? White board? Video camera? An assortment of equipment is available at the circulation desk for checkout
- The Rare Books Room, a peaceful and quiet place to study or reflect
- Feeling stressed at finals or midterms? Come pet a visiting therapy dog to de-stress or check out a movie, puzzle or game
- Confused by the library lingo? or overwhelmed by resources we offer? Remember the librarians are here to help you navigate, we are just a chat, call, or visit away!
- Contact Us
Your Zagcard is your library card, and your building access card after 9pm.
Physical items (books, DVDs, CD's etc.) that are unavailable or are not owned by the Gonzaga Libraries in Spokane can be requested through Summit or Interlibrary Loan borrowing by current Gonzaga students, staff, faculty, and emeritus.
Articles not available through Foley Library can be requested via Interlibrary Loan.
You can send print jobs from a library computer, or from your personal device by logging into our Wireless Print system.
Print jobs can be released at any of the four student printers on the main floor of the library, including one in our atrium that you can access 24 hours a day with your Zagcard. Additional printers are also available at locations around campus, more information is available on the MyGU Student Printing page.
You will need your Zagcard with you the first time you use a printer on campus.
All campus printing is paid through Bulldog Bucks. You will need your Zagcard with you the first time you use a printer on campus.
Please check our hours page for current hours, due to Covid-19, all building entry now requires a Zagcard for access
Regular Semester Hours: During the week (Sunday through Thursday), we are open until 2 am. After 9 pm we close to the public, so remember to bring your Zagcard as it will get you in the door. Just tap your card on the pad outside the door to get in. Check our Hours page for up to date weekend and holiday hours.
We offer quiet and not so quiet study space, to accommodate different styles of study and student preferences. Our third floor study space is designated for silent study; we also have color-coded zones for quiet study (whispering), group study (chatting), and designated areas for cell phone conversations.Study Zones in Foley