Jesuit Passport allows Gonzaga faculty to request on-site borrowing privileges at any Jesuit university library in the United States.
Procedure for Gonzaga Faculty, prior to visiting another Jesuit Institution:
- Fill out the AJCU Direct Reciprocal Library Borrower Form in person at the Foley Library Circulation desk.
- Submit that form to Laura Hutton email@example.com, (please allow three working days for approval).
- Once approved, the form will be returned to you. Present that form and your Gonzaga ID card to the Circulation Desk at another Jesuit library to obtain a borrower's card at that location.
- Gonzaga faculty are subject to the rules and policies of the libraries they visit.
Procedures for faculty from other Jesuit Schools visiting Gonzaga:
- Present your AJCU Direct Reciprocal Library Borrower Form and ID card from your home school along with picture ID at the Foley Library circulation desk. Form must be signed and approved by your home library.
- Foley library staff will, upon presentation of a properly completed AJCU Direct Borrowers Form and photo ID card, register the faculty for borrowing privileges.
- An end date for borrowing privileges will be established.
- Visiting faculty will be provided a borrowers card and information regarding library policies and loan periods.
- Foley Library may refuse to renew a patron's borrowing privileges if there are outstanding fines or books on the patron's record.
AJCU Libraries agree to extend direct, reciprocal, in-person borrowing privileges to AJCU faculty from member colleges and universities. Each home library will establish eligibility for direct borrowing privileges. The lending library determines specific privileges; including the maximum number of checkouts and the specific ending date for borrowing privileges. Borrowers under this program are subject to the regulations and loan periods established by the lending library.
Each institution agrees:
- to provide addresses and other necessary information on direct borrowers of the lending library to allow for proper enforcement of the lending regulations.
- to be responsible for reimbursing the lending libraries for items determined to be lost.
- to cumulate a final annual notification of any outstanding obligations for the preceding calendar year by March 1. Cumulated obligations will be declared permanent on June 1.
These privileges will
- be valid no later than the expiration date indicated on the AJCU Direct Borrowers Form
- provide direct borrowing privileges only for AJCU faculty
- apply only to the following libraries at each institution: AJCU Member Institutions
|Boston College||Thomas P. O'Neil, Jr. Library|
|Canisius College||Andrew L. Bouwhuis Library|
|College of the Holy Cross||Holy Cross Libraries|
|Creighton University||Reinert/Alumni Memorial Library|
|Fairfield University||DiMenna-Nyselius Library|
|Fordham University||Fordham University Libraries|
|Georgetown University||Lauinger and Blommer Libraries|
|Gonzaga University||Foley Library|
|John Carroll University||Grasselli Library|
|Le Moyne College||Noreen Reale Falcone Library|
|Loyola College/Maryland||Loyola Notre Dame Library/Maryland|
|Loyola Marymount University||Von Der Ahe Library|
|Loyola University Chicago||Loyola University Chicago Libraries|
|Loyola University/New Orleans||J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library|
|Marquette University||Memorial and Science Libraries|
|Regis University||Dayton Memorial Library|
|Rockhurst University||Greenlease Library|
|Saint Joseph's University||Francis A. Drexel Library|
|Saint Louis University||Pius XII Memorial Library|
|Saint Peter's College||Theresa and Edward O'Toole Library|
|Santa Clara University||Orradre Library|
|Seattle University||Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons|
|Spring Hill College||Burke Memorial Library|
|University of Detroit Mercy||University of Detroit Mercy Libraries|
|University of San Francisco||Gleeson Library|
|University of Scranton||Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Memorial Library|
|Xavier University||McDonald Memorial Library|