The Integrated Media department offers three majors and three minors:
- Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast and Electronic Media Studies major
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism major
- Bachelor of Arts, Public Relations major
- Minor in Broadcast and Electronic Media Studies
- Minor in Journalim
- Minor in Public Relations
Visual Literacy minor students take courses within the Art and Integrated Media departments at Gonzaga.
Please reference the 2019-2020 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Public Relations major and minor.
- The Public Relations Program combines study of communication theory, research techniques and corporate strategies and structures with journalistic expertise.
- As part of the Public Relations coursework, students work directly with a local organization in creating a comprehensive public relations plan and media kit.
- As part of the senior capstone course, public relations students develop a portfolio, articulate a philosophical statement of communication and write a thesis.
- Political Science students interested in honing their political campaigning skills, students in the humanities with interests in promoting and publicizing the arts, and business students seeking to complement marketing and management concentrations often complete Public Relations minors.